To Any New Readers:

Please scroll down to the first posts so you can get caught up with the vintage mission!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just As Essential-- Vintage Shoes



For any of you out there who collect vintage fashions, I bet (read: hope) that you get just as ridiculously excited about finding an amazing pair of vintage shoes that fit you as I do. Like all vintage fashions, I consider shoes works of art. They tell so much about the time they are from, and it can be very surreal (and even sometimes creepy) to slip on a pair that someone else has owned 40 years ago.

As I go through the blog experience, I'll be matching up various vintage items with the shoes that look good with them. Or various vintage accessories. Just think of it as one big, vintage puzzle!

I am the proud owners of the following fabulous finds:

The "Miss Loves"

These are my first pair, found on an awesome website called Vintage Vixen. They are extra-special, though, as they are what we call Deadstock: never sold, never worn; basically found in an old warehouse untouched, and, oh YES:

IN THE ORIGINAL BOX!


As you can well imagine, I nearly plotzed when I found these back in 2005 while wasting time online in my freshman dorm room. They have been put to very good use-- so much so that I've bad to repair the soles.

The "Keyholes"


These hold a special place in my heart, mostly because I hear constantly from others (mom, cough) how ugly they are. UGLY? More like, ridiculously charming! Love these, thank you, ebay.


The "Zones"


Being that finding vintage shoes that are 1) REALLY awesome and 2) Your size is harder than [insert something witty here], I suffered a 4-year hiatus of vintage shoe purchasing. Until a Baltimore day excursion with my lovely fellow-sewer cousin. We hit The Zone on Charles St. and all I can say is WOO to these!


The thing about vintage shoes is that they tend to be the priciest of vintage items. Probably my top search bar entry on ebay is "mod shoes." They're either ridiculously overpriced or too big, too small. When you find that right pair, you know the heavens have opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment