To Any New Readers:

Please scroll down to the first posts so you can get caught up with the vintage mission!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

First Etsy Sale!

Woo-hoo! I am beyond thrilled. After months and months of absolutely NO action in my Etsy shop, someone FINALLY inquired about a custom bag. It was so easy. She showed me an example of what she wanted, then sent me links to fabrics she wanted, I got them, I made it, done. Going to actually buy the fabrics made me realize though that I seriously need to up my prices (unfortunately). I'll only be making about a $10 profit on this one, so after she purchases this bag, I will have to up the price significantly. I feel bad doing it, but between the cost of materials, time taken to get the fabric, and the labor involved to actually make it, even the price I'm upping it to will be undercharging. But I really have fun doing it, which makes it all the better. Alas:

5 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Good on ya for the sale! :)

    Yeah, I hear ya about the bottom line being hard to find... material costs are easy enough to factor in, but labor costs are significantly harder to judge (it's awkward to put a price on your own blood, sweat and tears). You produce top notch stuff from the looks of it, so don't skimp out on what you're worth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Can you post a link to your Etsy shop? I want to see it. Can you make bags out of recycled items? I have one made out of juice containers and one made out of a goat feed bag, but they're both really beat up. Maybe I could commission you to make me a new one when I have some money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone! Aubrey: the link to it is on the right side of the blog. I have considered making Capri Sun bags and such before. I would definitely be up for the challenge, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey i am so ordering like a ton of stuff the first second i get a chance if you didn't see i made a profile i need a tote for school next year something cute like that and useful and i will find other things you can make i want to order as much as i can. Cause you're awesome

    ReplyDelete