To Any New Readers:

Please scroll down to the first posts so you can get caught up with the vintage mission!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Skirt- Vintage Simplicity 6594

I used to have a Christmas skirt or two, with that traditional red plaid that everyone associates with the holidays. They have disappeared over the years, so I figured it was time to craft a new one with a vintage pattern (of course).

I bought this pattern from the wonderful Erika, who I went to Salisbury with and who sells vintage patterns on her Etsy:



So cute. I've been more stressed and busy and out-of-my-mind the last few weeks than any other EVER, so the other night I decided to say, "SCREW WORKING ON IMPORTANT THINGS! I AM GOING TO MAKE A SKIRT!" I did, and it felt good. It was a quick one, and I look forward to wearing it and feeling merry:



An extra-Christmasy wear option:


Garment features:
-Side zipper
-Natural waistline
-Hand-stitched hem

No comments:

Post a Comment