To Any New Readers:

Please scroll down to the first posts so you can get caught up with the vintage mission!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Simplicuty 5291 Part II... An Update

So, I just finished writing the post below, re-realizing that I had started the jacket part of the pattern 6 1/2 years ago and never finished it. Having piqued my curiosity, I went to find it, and there it was, even MORE AWESOME that I remembered. A lot more work had been done on it than I thought, and to my shock and amazement, the edges of were all surged, leading me to believe I did some work on it with cousin Tara, the only person I know with a Serger. Here's the pile all together:

(Sorry for the upside-down angle.)

I couldn't believe how far it had actually gotten. It may not appear so, but this is a lot of work completed, especially with the surging. And, if you look a little closer...



...you can see where I made stitch-marks for where the buttonholes should be, and you can see the little faux-pockets on the side seams. Oh MAHN. I want to finish this, like, NOW. Ack!

1 comment: