To Any New Readers:

Please scroll down to the first posts so you can get caught up with the vintage mission!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wishlist...Of Agony

So, if you've never visited http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com, you need to. It is a comprehensive and huge database of vintage patterns. Occasionally, I browse through to try and find inspiration for new projects. When I find a pattern that speaks to me, I try to find it online and buy it right away.

Today, though, the pattern gods don't want me to have these ones that aren't just speaking--they're practically screaming at me! Ebay, Etsy, and secret black holes of the internet have failed me and left me empty-handed:

McCall's 8332, 1966:


Isn't that HOT? I read that it was a copy of something Jackie Kennedy wore. What I wouldn't give to have this one on its way to me in the mail.

Next, Advance 3429: Mid-60s




To me, this looks like the perfect dress (view 2, the more flowy version). I searched and searched, only to find sold ones on Etsy. Sigh. Come on, internet, show me something good...


 

2 comments:

  1. That first one is REALLY a wow Tina! I will let you know if I ever come across the pattern in my hunts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Erika! I definitely thought of you as I was scouring the internet!

      Delete