To Any New Readers:

Please scroll down to the first posts so you can get caught up with the vintage mission!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Heinously Overdue

Oh, dear. It's March. I've been meaning to write since December. But, between school/work, grad school, and just plain ol' being BUSY AS CRAP, I haven't had a spare moment. Because I go to bed at 8 after doing all of these things...like the true decade displaced old lady that I am.

While I haven't had much time to sew for myself, I've received quite-a-many vintage-related gifts from Christmas until now that deserve just as much a spot on the blog as any handmade threads.

Gift #1: Christmas
The first (and the sweetest) came on Christmas. Mike and I were both admittedly strapped this year--both for ideas and for money--but he always manages to come up with the most thoughtful gifts, no matter what. Behold:



Can you say "Deadstock"?! Oh my goodness. I cried out loud for joy when I opened the ORIGINAL BOX...


...to find those. How cool are those? Too cool. How did he know what to get, you ask? Well, I had shown them to him on ebay, and he took it upon himself to get them for me. That was one sweet Christmas.

Gift(s) #2: From Ms. K, Queen Antiquer

Ms. K is my former English teacher and very good friend who so sweetly sends me random odds and ends with letters in our county basket mail every now and then. This year, she has bestowed upon me a variety of beyond-awesome vintage finds:




From the 40s and completely useful!




She knows me TOO well.



Amazing Valentine's Postcard, 1909



Vintage Buttons. I would love to know exactly how old they are!


Ms. K's vintage finds for me are always a hit. So personal and they REALLY make my day when I get them in the mail! The last batch came on one of the worst days of my teaching career. It was SO needed!

Gift #3- "Decades of Don'ts"...Hilarity Ensues


(Sorry for the rotated-ness. Blogger does that sometimes and I don't know how to fix it.)

Thanks to one of my friends at work, I had a day of gut-busting laughter simply from reading this book--which I HIGHLY recommend--which chronicles vintage mostly crocheted and knitted garments and the ridiculousness of them and the intentions behind them. You will pee yourself laughing as you read this, guaranteed.

So, I am thankful for those who were so kind to give these extremely personal and thoughtful gifts to me. They have my name written all over them, no doubt about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment